My Digi Art

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

It's a Boy Thing - Pyramid Card

     WOW!  This card was so much fun.  I have never made a Triangle or Pyramid card.  My husband calls it a Star Trek card because it looks like the insignia on their shirts.  It looks hard but is very simple to make.  I am entering this card in the "It's a boy thing" over at Dustin Pike's blog.  You should check his site out at http://dustinpike.blogspot.com/2011/06/challenge-its-boy-thing.html  That is a direct link to the challenge.  You may want to make a card and enter. 

     I used three 6x6 pieces of card stock folded in half diagonally and you layer them one on the other.  I used Dustin Pike images (of course).  The images I used are basketball Dudley "BBdragon", Football Dudley "Pass", Scoccer Dudley "Firekick" and Sports Frame "SPframe".  I colored the images using Fibracolor markers 01, 07, 18, 19, 45, 46, 64, 84, 91 and 100. 

     The paper I used was light blue card stock for the card base and a wonderful green from "Blooms & Grow" paper.  Spellbinder Nestabilities Classic Scalloped Oval was used as well as Nestabilities Classic Oval.  I used McGill "Fancy label" punch for the oval words.  The outer oval I had to hand cut since I did not have a punch for it (maybe next trip to the craft store).  I used Scotch tape to hold it all together.  Words are computer generated.

     Next time I make a card like this I will make it 5x5 so it will fit in a regular envelope.  I will have to make a special one for this card and with all the card stock I will need a bit of extra postage since it is right at the limit now.  I know the postage and envelope will put it over the top.  So go and make yourself a Triangle / Pyramid card.  I promise you will love it!   










As you can see it folds flat to mail.  Leave me a comment and tell me what kind of card you made
or let me know how your Triangle / Pyramid card came out. 

CraftyGirl

4 comments:

  1. very clever, thanks for joining us at DDS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card - thanks for joining us at Pike's Playground ~ Jane ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy moly that's a great card! Super job!
    Thanks for joining us at "Pike's Playground" this week.
    Hugz,
    Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card, and I agree about the star trek look,lol!

    I need to contact you about the Pay It Forward post but can't find your email - can you send it to me so I can send you something crafty?
    ;)

    ReplyDelete